offers full factory service on return of heaters to it's workshops
direct line: 01752 491900
All makes of diesel
heater require servicing correctly to ensure reliable operation.
At Espar Ltd we offer a full factory repair and service facility
to ensure that your heaters give their best performance. A full
service can only be performed in a workshop equipped with the correct
tools and machinery to clean the interior of the heater and service
heater service at Espar Ltd consists of the following:
- Note heater serial number and part number.
- Connect heater diagnostic unit, log any
faults in memory (if applicable).
- Remove glow plug/glow pin, inspect for carbon
build-up or damage, clean and/or replace as necessary (if applicable).
- Inspect ignition electrodes, clean if necessary
- Inspect condition of fuel nozzle, report
findings (if applicable).
- Inspect condition of photo-cell clean and
refit (if applicable).
- Check electrical connections external to
the heater, including main fuse for corrosion. Report findings.
- Check security of electrical main power
- Check security of heater, tighten fasteners
- Check heater box or enclosure for damage
or water ingress, report findings (if applicable).
- Check all fuel lines are secure and connections
are properly made.
- Check operation of fuel stop cock if fitted.
- Check the fuel metering pump for corrosion,
- Apply waterproof grease to fuel metering
pump electrical terminals and check that correct rubber boots
are fitted (if applicable).
- Remove filter from fuel metering pump and
replace with new (if applicable).
- Replace inline fuel filter (if applicable).
- Check exhaust for corrosion and security,
- Check that all exhaust joints are secure
and leak free, seal joints as necessary.
- Check for blocked or damaged combustion
air tube, report findings.
- Inspect intake and outlet grills for blockages
and ensure that intake fan is not restricted (air heaters only).
- Check for blocked or damaged ducting, report
findings (air heaters only).
- Check water pump for damage or leaks (water
- Check for blocked or damaged water pipes,
report findings (water heaters only).
- Check security of all hose clamps, tighten
as required (water Heaters only).
- Check that all water pipe joints are free
from leaks, report findings (water heaters only).
- Check operation of fan matrix units if installed,
if applicable (water heaters only).
- Check level of coolant in header tank and
that the anti-freeze mix is correct, report findings (water heaters
- Apply protective spray to all exposed electrics.
- Test fire heater and check for correct operation
through all operating modes.
- Inspect control device for adjustment and
- Check that air solenoid valve operates correctly
- Check exhaust colour as a guide to carbon
build-up, report findings.
- With heater operating, check fuel lines
for leaks, report findings.
- Switch off heater and check for correct
- Connect heater diagnostic unit, clear all
faults from heater memory (if applicable).
- Remove heater outer cover.
- Check all sensors for signs of corrosion,
- Check that all the electrical connections
under the cover are securely made.
- Split burner from heat exchanger, de-coke
the inside of the heat exchanger.
- Reassemble heater.
- Check fuel metering pump for the correct
delivery of fuel.
- Check motor speed through all operating
modes (if applicable).
Returning a Heater for Servicing:
- Label Eberspacher heater with your name
and telephone number.
- Only send parts to be serviced. (Typically,
main heater body, control box and fuel metering pump)
- Enclose letter with description of any faults
and your details.
- Ensure heater is packed correctly in a suitable
heavy duty box with packing.
Breakwater Road, Plymouth, Devon PL9 7HJ
will vary regarding time of year. For an approximate estimate on
turn around time, please phone the workshop direct line: 01752 491900.